Business Development Manager
Who is Sciteline?
Sciteline is a privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Canada that’s driving an industry shift towards virtual clinical trials. We focus on patients; collecting real-time data to improve clinical research and reimagine the patient experience.
Our platform is already being used and we’re growing fast. As we grow, we’re working to build a culture that’s full of kind, smart, and irreverent people. So far, it’s working! We come to work knowing we can make a difference.
We’re building a team that can help us rethink how clinical trials are conducted to better fit the everyday lives of research participants. We work with pharmaceutical companies, CROs, hospitals and academic institutions to accelerate the development of new therapies by improving trial efficiency and accelerating research timelines. This will lead to more participant focused clinical trials, and increase the representation of study populations age, race, geographic regions and backgrounds.
But this, and everything we do, starts with the people behind it.
Come join us!
As a member of Sciteline’s business development team, you’ll have a lot of responsibility. The work you’ll do will be both strategic and tactical – but all focused on selling our platform to a range of clients. We’re going to work together a lot; constantly improving our messaging and sales offering in order to help you grow measurable sales results. Ideally you have some clinical experience and some understanding of software development. Here’s what you’ll do, but it’s only a start!
What you’ll do
- Build a comprehensive sales funnel through our current client base as well as cold outreach activities to obtain new business
- Develop a business plans that determine strategy and tactics to achieve revenue expansion
- Achieve quarterly objectives and key performance indicators
- Work closely with executive team and other members of the sales team to ensure the sales strategy aligns across the organization
- Develop and grow relationships within the clinical research community
- Lead product presentations and demos with potential clients
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of our product offerings, capabilities and value to customers
- Actively participate in planning, forecasting and documentation of sales activities
- Assist in the sourcing, developing and optimization of all Business Development material, including grants, presentations and marketing materials/events
Where you’ll work
- Sciteline is currently functioning as a remote team, so we’d love to have you work in the place that you are most productive – and happiest
- You might be asked to join the team at our shared workspace in downtown Toronto, but these activities will be scheduled in advance
Who you are
- 3 + years of experience in a senior sales role
- Experience in SaaS sales within the health care setting and/or health care products
- Understanding of the Canadian health care environment and clinical trials
- Demonstrated success in developing and leveraging relationships within strategic accounts
- Strong analytical skills to effectively track sales activity, develop sales plans and understand the health care market and competitive trends
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams to meet clearly defined objectives that benefit the customers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience negotiating and closing contracts with a range of clients
- Self-motivated and energetic in the pursuit of goals and objectives
- You’re interested in building something and you have the creativity, passion and drive to help us make it happen
How to apply
To apply for the Business Development Manager position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “BD Manager Position”. In the email, please be sure to include a copy of your resume and a brief description of why you want to work at Sciteline and an example of a sales cycle you’ve managed in the past with an enterprise client.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.