Senior Software Engineer
Who is Sciteline?
We’re a Toronto-based SaaS start-up that has game-changing technology to make clinical trials faster, cheaper and more diverse. Our software platform focuses on patients; collecting real-time data to improve clinical research and reimagine the patient experience.
Our platform can do a lot: recruitment and enrollment, electronic consent, patient monitoring, remote clinical assessments, notifications, telemedicine, e-diaries and access to trial data in real time. But this, and everything we do, starts with the people behind it.
Our team is growing rapidly and we’re searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join us so we can extend our reach and impact even further. As we grow, we’re working to build a culture that’s full of kind, smart, and irreverent people. So far, it’s working! We come to work knowing we can make a difference and that we need each other to make it happen.
Come join us!
We’re looking for a results oriented, Senior Software Engineer (Technical Lead) who can lead the technical development of the product. The ideal applicant will be intelligent, organized, ambitious and have good leadership abilities. We’re also looking for an individual who is willing to take ownership in building our application(s). Here’s the details of what you’ll do, but it’s only a start!
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with designers to ship innovative new products
- Work effectively in an agile (scrum) product development environment, participate in code reviews, pair programming sessions, and technical discussions
- Lead R&D efforts in developing new features
- Help improve engineering systems and automate dev operations
- Shape our team’s coding standards and system architecture
- Actively tracking, analyzing and monitoring technology performance metrics and assisting in release planning
Where you’ll work
- Sciteline is currently functioning as a remote team, so we’d love to have you work in the place that you are most productive – and happiest
- You might be asked to join the team at our shared workspace in downtown Toronto, but these activities will be scheduled in advance
Who you are
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering or similar technical field of study
- 5+ years of software engineering and IT experience
- Experience building and scaling production-level healthcare software
- Experience with any Cloud environment, Open stack, docker and/or AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience building components designed for reuse with performance in mind
- Experience in designing databases and data consumption
- You stay up to date on industry best practices in the technology landscape and actively seek out ways to deliver exceptional user
- Experience in building SaaS based product
- Experience of scripting language (python, Perl, shell-scripting) or go/C/C++ will be helpful
- Experience in handling all security aspects of cloud-based application
- You are willing to work more than the standard 40 hours a week to meet your commitments
- Prior work at a health tech start-up is considered a huge asset
How to apply
To apply for the Senior Software Engineer position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Software Engineer”. In the email, please be sure to include a copy of your resume and a brief description of why you want to work at Sciteline and an example of some of your previous work as a software engineer.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.